CWA/ AT&T Bargaining Bulletin #12
March 19, 2016
Local 9404 Standing Strong in
Your Union Bargaining Committee has met in formal session rejecting many of the Company’s retrogressive proposals, such as:
- Elimination of the 49-hour rule
- Elimination of the Sunday + 4
- Elimination of Sunday premium
- Elimination of religious time
- Elimination of carryover vacation and PDO’s
- Reducing paid sick days for current employees and no paid sick days for new hires
- Negatively modify the Tuition Aid Program
- The Union rejected the Company’s retrogressive proposal on Appendix E.
At the same time, the Company has rejected some of our proposals, including:
- Improvements on the 401(k) Plan
- Elimination of subcontracting
- Improvements for time off
- Our proposal on future technology and training for 20/20
- Upgrade wage zones
- To maintain a specific level of headcount for the life of the contract.
We are working throughout the weekend on preparing counters to the Company’s rejections. We appreciate your mobilization efforts and the pictures you’re sending our way. We’re trying to get as many of your pictures posted on the bulletins as possible.
Fighting for Fairness
Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate. -John F. Kennedy