CWA/ AT&T Bargaining Bulletin #46
July 20, 2016
AT&T Tech Expo Shape in San Francisco at AT$T Park
On Saturday, July 16, 2016, CWA locals gathered at the AT$T Park to show solidarity and support for its Union Bargaining Committee. Senior AT&T officers were in the speaker line up. There were well over a hundred participants hitting the pavement shaming AT&T on its failure to negotiate a fair contract for its employees who have worked hard to make this Company as profitable as it is today.
Yesterday, your Union Bargaining Committee met with the Company where we proposed an in-depth benefits proposal. Included were the items listed below:
- Change the Health and Welfare Benefit Plans.
- Change Pension Plan which includes the Bargained Cash Balance (BCB) and Bargained Cash Balance #2 (BCB2) Programs.
- Change the Savings Plans which includes the AT&T Savings and Security Plan (ASSP) and AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
- Update Benefit Rules for Movement of Employees.
- Continue to offer fully-insured coverage options, such as HMO’s.
- Kaiser Arrangement.
Within a half hour of the Union Bargaining Committee submitting this proposal, the Company rejected it and proposed a 1% increase to the 4th year of the AT&T Pension Benefit Plan; however, the Union is currently negotiating only a 3-year contract.
To be free, the workers must have choice. To have choice they must retain in their own hands the right to determine under what conditions they will work. Samuel Gompers
All official negotiation and mobilization information will be delivered on the District 9 website. (www.district9.cwa-union.org), Local Websites and email lists.
Your Bargaining Committee