CWA/ AT&T Bargaining Bulletin #14
March 31, 2016
Local 9423 Demonstrates their Solidarity
on Linden Street in South San Francisco
Over the last several days, your Union Bargaining Committee has met with the Company Bargaining Committee at the table as well as in subcommittee.
The Company proposed:
- Illness absence – implement wait days for employees with less than 5 years of service and new hires would not receive any paid absence days;
- Group Individual Incentive Team (GIIT) – Unilaterally trying to make decisions about incentives without union involvement;
- Benefits – The Company passed a revised benefit proposal which still results in shifting the cost to our members.
The Union presented proposals that would provide:
- Illness Absence – add additional illness days; eliminate discipline for using illness time; expand the language differential and increase the meal allowance;
- Zone upgrades;
- Healthcare for active and retired employees.
Since Monday, the Company has rejected all of the Union’s job title upgrade proposals. The Company also rejected the Union’s proposal on branded apparel and scheduled time off.
Yesterday, the Company gave the Union a revised Appendix E proposal with only a portion of their retrogressive items removed.
Fighting for Fairness
The most important word in the language of the working class is “solidarity”. –Harry Bridges
Your Bargaining Committee